Friday, July 1, 2011

Visiting a Friend








Strange walking through a cemetery I had not returned to in 13 years. It was so much larger than I remembered, and for a minute I was terrified I wouldn't find you. But I kept walking, and like some magnetic force was pulling me, I found your spot once again. I brushed the bits of lichen off your name, stunned you have been there long enough for that to grow. Watered the flowers with my tears, kissed the stone. I miss you, every day. And love you always.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

3 comments:

  1. I don't know the backstory, but your description of your visit made me tear up. Nice to think about how people still care after we're gone (someday).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful tribute to a good friend. I'm sure he would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've told me bits about him, but this is so visceral and makes me realize I don't know your story well enough. I'd be honored to hear more.

    ReplyDelete