This past Saturday I had the immense joy of attending the Wanderlust Festival held in Stratton, VT. Wanderlust is a yoga and music festival, that until this year had only been held in Tahoe. When I heard they were coming east I knew I had to go, at least for one day, and I am so, so, so glad I did. The energy was sky high, even in the misty mountain rain, it was life and love affirming.
Please check out my ski (and now yoga) sister - Female Ski Bum's account of our spectacular day.
|Handstand at the peak, with the bear. And my belly.|
|Acro yoga - gotta work up the balls to try this.|
|Waiting for the concert to start in the rain - it cleared just in time for the show to start. I saw the space station and a shooting star during the show!|
Here are 10 thoughts, quotes, musings I took away with me:
- Be playfully serious, and seriously playful. ~ Desiree Rumbaugh
- Speak, act, think as you want your life and your world to be, not as it is. ~ Desiree Rumbaugh
- Dare to live in the light of your heart. ~ Elena Brower
- The people who need our light the most are those who challenge us. Soften to them. Offer your best intention. Think, maybe it's me.
- Alignment is the key to freedom. ~ John Friend
- A yoga 'class' with Michael Franti and Seane Corne was possibly the most Connected I've ever felt - to my community, to the spirit of giving and healing, to love, to the one, ever, in my life. Live acoustic set, while doing asana? Amazing. I cried.
- I love to dance. I don't do it nearly often enough.
- Michael Franti puts on a great show. He touched my hand!
- Yoga can produce great change, both in the hearts of those who practice, and in the world.
- Love is stronger than fear. ~ Desiree Rumbaugh