Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WiP Wednesday




Disclaimer: I have many, many works in progress in my stash cabinet. They don't count. Really. When I reorganize, Ravel, and move my stash into the living room, I intend to find each abandoned project and *finish them*. Really.

For now though, my "home" project is this lovely hoodie from KnitPicks. The yarn is soft, and smooshy - I think it's the country tweed, DK weight.


I love the detail in the cuff and waist, adds a little interest to an otherwise plain easy knit. Can. Not. Wait. To. Wear. This. Because it's for me!


And the "to go" project, baby cable ribbed socks for Bridger. I'm using the recipe from the Terrific Toe-Up Socks book, but winging the numbers. Already I think I needed the toe to start with 2 more stitches, so it could be broader. It's a little nipplesque at the moment.


Thankfully I have to make two, so I can experiment. Oh, and baby cables? Genius. So easy. My mom uses them as a design detail a lot, but I never knew how to do it. Thank you YouTube. Stupid-easy. Score!

Maybe, just maybe, I'll make next week's WiP Wednesday a 'coming out of the closet', and get all those unfinished lovelies out. Because the only way to solve a problem is to get a good look at it first, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment