Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Farm Share Weeks 9 & 10


Well, I'm only catching up on one week. A vast improvement on last month, no? We take what we can get around here.

So, Week 9 - August 2nd. Table looks naked, right? No bulk for the first week in quite a while! I did have a back-up of corn however, so Rebecca and I made some FREAKIN' FABULOUS Sweet Summer Corn Relish which is only slightly better topping a veggie burger with country catsup than it is straight out of the jar on a spoon.





Baguette, Lettuce, Zucchini, Cukes, Corn, Green Beans (which became Dilly Beans), Tomatoes, Kale,  Melon, Blueberries





Ingredients for the Corn Relish - it was really lovely to look at.




After cooking in the brine, ready for the jars.



Theo and Bridger making mischief while the Corn Fest goes on.



Finished product. Sweet nommyness!

I also took some pictures at the depot last week. I LOVE walking into the depot, the sights, smells, the wonderment of what we may be getting, it renders me squeaky and bouncy. Literally a kid in a candy shop.





Bread and Chef Share - the herbs were three varieties of basil bundled together. The smell. Oh Lord, the smell.





Walking up to the pick-up.




Beets, the color was really lovely.




Fruit Share Table



Some of the veggie choices




Corn!




Take Table



Our inappropriate Eggplant. Yes, some people might see that and think, oh, a nose, a mitten. Me? I think something else...

Week #10 - August 9th. Back to bulk. The end of pickling cukes, and peaches. There will be Quicker Kosher Dills, Cucumber Relish, Bread and Butters, and as many quarts of peaches in syrup as I can manage by the end of this week. In other news, I am officially joining the Farm Direct Coop's team at the Salem Depot. I am beyond thrilled. Woot!




Mammoth Take today - Corn, Carrots, Kale, Celery, Lettuce, Eggplant, Peppers, Summer Squash, Tomatoes , Green Peppers, Hot Peppers (squee!), Baguette, Cheddar, Gouda, Watermelon, Peaches.




40 pounds of peaches, 10 pounds of cucumbers. Goodness to come...

1 comment:

  1. For once, I thought mitten!

    Seriously though, I love getting to be part of your CSA experience!! I can see you glowing with happiness - thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete