Thursday, January 7, 2010

Presence

Excuses first... Bridger managed to pry the space key off my computer so typing now involves pressing the white sensor just so to get a space. So I've been a bit lazy about anything involved with typing... In the next few days I should have some shots of THE birthday (Bella and Rob share their day), and Christmas. But first, my day, and reflections on the new year. Cause hey, it's my blog :) me me me time!

Yesterday was my 31st birthday. I woke up, and pretty much had one of those 'why am I in this handbasket, and where are we going?' moments. I just couldn't fathom where the last 10 years had gone, how I ended up where I am. As I mused on that feeling throughout the day, I came to the realization that I have spent the bulk of my life waiting for it to happen. I've fallen victim to the 'when' syndrome - I'll be happy when... I get x done, I meet someone, I make more money. Bullshit.

So here is my intention for this next year, more properly for the rest of my life. I will be present. Mindful. Joyous.

And I think the universe agrees... Went to lunch at PF Chang's with a friend from a former life. My fortune read "one must not pursue happiness. one must create happiness".

2 comments:

  1. Feeling the same Mira. But, so overwhelmed with my "to do's" in life. How can I do something that fulfills my life when I can't even get the laundry done? I hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, Mira. This was my resolution also, but you said it more eloquently than I (posted recently on the Foundation's website). Good to know there are other women out there trying so hard to live in the present and appreciate the smallest moments, which are all too fleeting.

    ReplyDelete