Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What I've been up to

Oh hai blog. It's been a couple of months, and here you are. I'd really like to make posting here more than the occasional mental purge from the soapbox. Don't worry, I will stand on my soapbox from time to time, but I'd love to have more of a record of the day to day, particularly as I prepare to move on to the rest of my life.

Oh yes, I said prepare. Eighteen months post separation, I'm still not divorced. It's been frustrating and souls sucking, but I keep walking. It will end.

Medic school - done! State Practical exam - taken! On to clinicals, hopefully starting in march.

Work - so much of getting divorced has been waiting for things to happen to me. This past week I decided to make something happen FOR me. I gave notice at 2 of my part time jobs, and upgraded to full time at the Ambulance Company. I will start my new schedule in march, and have benefits in April. This is huge. I am so happy with this decision.

Life - it moves on. The kids keep me crazy happy content scared whole all the time. The Squish, code for my partner of the past 18 months or so, is still defining all that a partner should be. The ponies have settled into their home and provide me with contentment and an empty bank account each day. I knit a lot lately - stress relief I guess. It's ski season, and I sometimes wish I could just have a weekend to catch up at home, but I know nothing else. So we go.

Here are some photos of the past while...






















No comments:

Post a Comment