Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Wonderful Way to Awake

Yesterday I wrote on an old friend's Facebook wall to wish him a happy birthday. This is what I woke up to:


I love that you're Mira. You might not know what that means, because I've got a sizable buzz on, but I know what that means and I think you're spectacular. I feel like you wear the map of your life on your face, you always have, you stuck by you and you're fucking at the top of the human game for it. I deeply and importantly salute you.


If you do not have a funny, fabulous gay Iranian in your life, you need one. Mehran was one of a few people in high school that inspired me to be authentic. We were in the Mikado together in middle school. The school was a duller shade of hell when he graduated. He's a comic in the Boston area - brilliant and irreverent. Find him here.


And no, I may not fully understand what this means. But I will try to embody this. Make it my manifesto. Be aware of my map. What a gift.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when someone pays you a beautiful unsolicited compliment? I don't think any of us receive them often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. He hit the nail on the head. No one could put it any better (though not for lack of effort, I'm sure).

    ReplyDelete